Wednesday, June 8, 2016

First/Last - Younger




"Younger was originally created under the name "Draw Stravis" and this was started in 2013 as an outlet and as means of expressing everyday struggles of loneliness, heartbreak and growing up. I do this to escape from the things that bring me down in life and to express the joy that comes with getting through those things. I hope you enjoy."

Younger is the moniker for Pittsburgh indie folk-punkster Drew Davis who is releasing his debut album called The Sum of Our Parts via Flowerpot Records this Friday (6/10). I want to thank Drew for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.


The first album you ever bought?
Green Day's American Idiot when I was in 5th grade with my own money. I was 10 years old and wanted to be a little punk.

Your last album bought?
I do a lot of music streaming now so it's been a couple months since I bought an album, but the last album I purchased was Death of Slug by a Florida band called Northbound.

Favorite album of all time?
This is a hard question and not one I take lightly. I'll have to narrow it to a top 5.
Can't Buy a Thrill by Steely Dan, Deja Entendu by Brand New, Sports by Modern Baseball,  VOID by Vanna, and Bring Me Your Love by City & Colour.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
It would have to be Fall Out Boy's Save Rock and Roll. I had hyped it up in my own mind because I was so excited about their return and that album bums me out because it's nothing I had hoped it would be.

First concert attended?
Black Eyes Peas in 5th grade. It was God-awful.

Last concert?
The last concert I went to was local to me, hosted by my friend Wes, who also played, but there were two Chicago bands coming through, Regular Oatmeal and Winter Classic. It was in a gazebo. It was dope.

Favorite concert ever?
It would have to be Vanna back in March of 2015. They played at Double Happiness in Columbus and me and my friend David cried and it was beautiful.

Least favorite concert?
Black Eyed Peas. By far. Probably the only actually bad concert I've ever attended.

Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
Pittsburgh is the best city in the world and I will fight anyone and everyone that says differently. In all seriousness, I lived in Pittsburgh for a while and my parents live about 45 minutes from downtown. Nothing compares to coming through the Fort Pitt tunnels and taking in that first view of the city.

Thanks, Drew. Of all the answers about Pittsburgh I get, the number one is easily that view coming out of the Fort Pitt tunnels. I never get tired of it at all.

No comments: