Thursday, November 12, 2015

First/Last - The Telephone Line

 
The Telephone Line is a pop rock soul band from Pittsburgh who's debut album Tied Up comes out today! They will be still be celebrating tomorrow morning (11/13) as they appear live on the WDVE Morning Show. Get a taste of what to expect with some of the band's live recordings as I thank Brad Crouse (Drums), Lacey Volk (Bass), Addi Twigg (Vocals), Joe Gustafson (Guitar/Organ), and Jay Krivanek (Guitar) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.


The first album you ever bought?
Brad Crouse: With my own money? Queen A Night at the Opera. 1992 at the Hills Department store at Kennywood Mall in West Mifflin.
Lacey Volk: Weird Al Bad Hair Day. No regrets.

Your last album bought?
Addi Twigg: Balloon Ride Fantasy! Their sound really stands out from what anyone else is doing right now.

Favorite album of all time?
Joe Gustafson: Eli and the Thirteenth Confession by Laura Nyro.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
Addi: Songs for Silverman by Ben Folds. It just felt so watered down after the albums that made me fall in love with him.

First concert attended?
Lacey: Oasis at AJ Palumbo. Cornershop opened for them and I bought a knockoff tie-dyed shirt from some dude on the street as a souvenir.

Last concert?
Jay Krivanek: Chet Vincent & The Big Bend w/ Molly Alphabet!

Favorite concert ever?
Jay: The first time I saw Ours. I drove to Buffalo to see them and almost cried with excitement. And they still exceeded my expectations.

Least favorite concert?
Joe: My least favorite concert was Beck at Brandeis University in 1997. He was fine but the concert was in a gigantic gymnasium so the sound was awful. Kool Keith/Dr. Octagon was supposed to be the opener, which would've been awesome, but he cancelled. Also, my brother threw a tennis ball at me and hit me in the nuts in front of a few hundred people.

Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
Brad: Pittsburgh is the best city in the world. The end.

Thanks, all. I am so excited about the album! It seems like I have been waiting forever for it and it's finally here. Congrats!

1 comment:

Patricia Carter said...

Its the best pop rock soul band from Pittsburgh, it doesnt get any better then this.... theater tickets