Friday, September 16, 2011

First/Last-Donora


A few weeks ago I celebrated the 100th musician taking part in these little questionnaires with my favorite band CVB. Well it's come to the actual 100th Post! and I couldn't see a more fitting band to celebrate with than Donora. Having seen them countless times over the last several years, I have to admit I never get tired of their shows because they still put on one of the most fun concerts around. They are releasing their fantastic sophomore album tonight at the Rex and being lucky enough to hear the disc, this is one show that should not be missed. I want to thank the band for being so cool to me over the years and for taking the time to participate in this 'Centennial' edition of First/Last Friday.


The first album you ever bought?
Casey Hanner: ‘The Lion King soundtrack’.
Jake Churton: ‘Puff Daddy and the Family’.
Jake Hanner: Beastie Boys- ‘License To Ill’.

Your last album bought?
Casey: The Cults self titled.
Jake C: If iTunes counts then No Doubts 'Tragic Kingdom'.
Jake H: I haven't bought a CD in a long time. I usually just go on YouTube to listen to music, but when I get the urge to buy some new music I go to Jerry's. My last LP purchase was ‘Rio’ by Duran Duran.

Favorite album of all time?
Casey: Oasis-‘What's The Story Morning Glory’. This one has a lot of sentimental value for me. Reminds me of being a kid.
Jake C: ‘Clap Your Hands Say Yeah!’
Jake H: I haven't listened to it in its entirety for a while now, but the album that had the biggest impression on me was Nirvana’s ‘Nevermind’.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
Casey: The newest one from Lykke Li. I loved her first one. But I'm not crazy about this one.
Jake C: Aqua, I dunno the name. That or Venga Boys.
Jake H: Probably some boring thrill jockey album I bought when I was really into the Chicago instrumental scene during the late 90s early 2000s. Or Madonna's ‘Greatest Hits’ album.

First concert attended?
Casey: Amy Grant (if you don't count going to my dad's shows when I was very young).
Jake C: Blink 182.
Jake H: I went on tour with the Oak Ridge Boys when I was three. My dad's band was the opener.

Last concert?
Casey: Foster the People.
Jake C: Grace Potter and the Nocturnals.
Jake H: The Harlan Twins at Brillobox.

Favorite concert ever?
Casey: Girl Talk at station square amphitheater. So much dancing and so much fun!
Jake C: Radiohead.
Jake H: Sigor Ros.

Least favorite concert?
Casey: Ted Leo at the Starlight Ballroom in Philly. Not cause the music was bad. I was just wearing really uncomfortable shoes and it was really hot and crowded.
Jake C: Hoobastank.
Jake H: Phish.

Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
Casey: I love everything about Pittsburgh. It's small, but there's so much to do. And it's home.
Jake C: Opening for Clap Your Hands Say Yeah! @ Brillobox.
Jake H: The Thunderbolt. I never got to ride the Laser Loop.



Thanks so much guys. Can't wait for tonight. Should be a total blast.

No comments: