Sunday, May 2, 2010

First/Last-Gold Motel


Gold Motel
Garfield Artworks
Friday May 7, 2010
Larryville

Greta Morgan used to be in a band called The Hush Sound. Her new band is playing GA with Family of the Year and locals Emily Rodgers Band, and summer-winter. She was kind enough to participate in this latest edition of First/Last.


The first album you ever bought?
The Get Up Kids "Red Letter Day EP" - I was eleven years old and bought it with allowance money.

Your last album bought?
I bought the Vampire Weekend album for my dad.

Favorite album of all time?
"Harvest" by Neil Young may be my most listened to album of all time.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
I just don't pay attention to the bad albums. Focusing on the good stuff is more fun.

First concert attended?
Weezer at the United Center in Chicago.

Last concert?
Julian Casablancas at The Vic in Chicago.

Favorite concert ever?
This Is Me Smiling at Lincoln Hall on February 12th, 2010. They are my favorite Chicago band and good friends and they made the whole audience sing Happy Birthday to me.

Least favorite concert?
Yo La Tengo at The Vic. I wanted to hear their album "And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside Out" but they only played one song.

Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
I love playing Mr. Smalls in Pittsburgh because it's a reconstructed church and the venue allows bands to stay in the old rectory. It's super creepy, creaky, and seems haunted. Always makes for a good slumber party.





Thanks Greta. Should be a dreamy night on Friday. I should definitely investigate This Is Me Smiling further.

No comments: