Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Image Of The Day-"Single Girl, Married Girl"

11th Annual WYEP Alternative Souper Bowl
Sunday February 7, 2010
Borders Books And Music
East End

This was my fourth 'Souper Bowl' in a row. It was looking rather grim if I would make it at all, being the day after Pittsburgh gets dumped on with 21" of snow. Crazy! My trusty Subaru AWD and new tires took care of that. I am so glad I was able to get there because I FINALLY saw MOIP play an acoustic set, which was just incredible. Among new songs and 'hits', we were treated to an amazing cover of Lohio's 'We'll Hide Ourselves Underneath' which is a front runner to be my favorite live moment of the year. That is until I see Greg play it. Seriously, just beautiful. The boys are working on releasing an EP this summer and I should have some shots of the upcoming recording session, that's if the guys can get it together and get those tuxedos! Boca Chica and Ernie Hawkins photos will be posted soon.


My girl Ruth was also in attendance and gave me a few pics of yours truly in action. She is a wonderful local photographer and I encourage you to visit her site.

1 comment:

RuthieE said...

Hugh you are my first true LINK!!
I am going to go an link you to my blog. It was great to see you. The music was excellent.
I like your photos very much and am so thrilled I got the photos of you doing the work! Thanks for the note