Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Image Of The Day-"Paperman Soldiers"

Nik Westman & The Central Plains
Friday October 30, 2009
Howler's Coyote Cafe
Bloomfield

Unfortunately, I was uncharacteristically late to this show and only caught the last couple songs of Nik's opening set. What I heard I dug and it's so endearing for me as a concertgoer to see a father and son rocking out as I did with Nik and his dad this night. I couldn't help but hear a 'Ray Davies' quality to Nik's voice and was surprised that I was the first person to point that out to him afterwards, even though he's been known to play a Kinks cover when inclined. I am anxiously awaiting his debut and will definitely be at his CD release show on Friday March 5 at The Thunderbird Cafe. Trust me, you should be there as well.

No comments: