Saturday, July 11, 2009

Image Of The Day-"Rise Up With Fists!!!"

Jenny Lewis
Sunday July 9, 2009
Mr. Smalls Theater
Millvale

It's July and I cannot recall a better year for live music than this one and I have six months to go. Really, I cannot believe the quality of music I have seen so far. I LOVE Jenny Lewis. Not in a "fanboy she's so cute" kinda way but her two solo albums are great IMO and she sure did deliver live. The band was top notch and The Watson Twins, as good as they are, were not necessarily missed as I thought they might be on the harmonies. As a bonus, it's always nice to scratch off one of the songs I have to hear live before I die from the list (see the subject line). Meeting the band afterwards was great. They appreciated the art I brought and were uber cool.

No comments: