Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Best of 2008-Concert Moments (Pittsburgh!!!)

'I Know Every Street'
Friday December 18, 2008
Southside
I haven't seen a group in a long time that had me floored as these guys did the other night. I had seen Josh play in Lohio for a couple years now, and knew he fronted his own band, but they really knocked me out. I don't have many pictures of them because I was too busy enjoying the music. In 45 minutes they changed my entire outlook as far as Pittsburgh music goes. Our city is soon going to emerge as a powerhouse of indie rock! I cannot wait to see them play again many, many more times. 'Street' is by far my favorite song of the year.

'Weekend Tongue'
Sunday September 21, 2008
Bigelow Lawn William Pitt Student Union
Oakland
Even though I saw them play in the summer, and not counting their fun as hell release party, I loved this set for the fact that I was able to finally meet the band. Super cool and talented people. I love this album and I am so proud to say that I was THE very first person to buy a copy!
'Fainting Goats'
Friday August 8, 2008
Southside
I am not 100% sure they actually played 'Ghosts' that night but seeing them several times during the year, I kinda lose count. My favorite Pittsburgh band puts on a party for a killer comp of local music. I saw Greg a few times handing out the comp for people to hear. My man!

'Sleigh Ride'
Silver & Gold
WYEP Holiday Hootenanny
Thursday December 18, 2008
WYEP-FM Studios
Southside
What a way to end my concert year! Discovering that Pittsburgh has some incredibly talented musicians who are just starting out and are the nicest people you will ever meet. I can probably be content with just seeing local bands during the next year and I am seriously considering it. I personally would like to thank all the bands in town, all the supporters of local music, and all the fans of music who support this wonderful scene. Oh yeah, Jeff, you rule bro'!
Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: