Sunday, October 5, 2008

Image of the Day-"Josephine"

Saturday October 4, 2008
Bloomfield

This was an unexpected night out for me. We had plans to hang with some friends and when that fell through because my kids got sick, I decided to hit up my local faves Local Honey (which BTW was a year and a half since I had seen them last). The city was having the 'burgh's big 250 fireworks celebration and were closing down all kinds of bridges, so I decided to try to get to the joint a little early. I am on the other side of town crossing rivers and all. I end up talking to opener Pokey for the majority of the night. What a nice guy. It always fascinates me how working musicians live and travel. His set was way retro, way acoustic (when is the last time you saw a kazoo played!), and way awesome!

No comments: