Friday, October 30, 2015

First/Last-Ricky Steece

 
"I'd like to be as creatively specific as possible, I'll counter everything I do. I'll let the music express itself for its self. I'm not claiming to be anything, I'm merely an artist."

Ricky Steece is an experimental folk punk musician from Pittsburgh who recently took his guitar (and the rest of his belongings) and transplanted to Orlando, Florida. You can get a taste of what we miss in Pittsburgh over at his BandCamp page. As you do, I want to thank Ricky for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.


The first album you ever bought?
When I was in elementary school I bought “All Killer No Filler” by Sum 41.

Your last album bought?
Hop Along's “Painted Shut”.

Favorite album of all time?
“De Loused in the Comatorium” by the Mars Volta, I love concept albums and that album really took that idea to another level, it will always hold a place in my heart.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
Anything AFI did after “Sing the Sorrow:.

First concert attended?
I saw Rise Against when I was in the 7th grade, that changed everything.

Least favorite concert?
I played a show years ago and totally fell on my drummer's drum set while we were performing.
Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
Seeing What Cheer Brigade at Pitonkatonk, riding my bike down 18th St. everyday, and riding around in my friend Kyle's car in the winter listening to Jordaan Mason.

Thanks, Ricky. So bummed I missed your recent going away show. Come back some time and do another one!

No comments: