Wednesday, February 18, 2015

First/Last-Andy and the Pandy's


"Our interests are jokes and games."

Andy and the Pandy's are folk rockers from Detroit. Check out their latest effort, the fantastic "It Only Gets Darker" while I thank 'main Pandy' Andy Maitland (Guitar/Drums/Banjo/Accordion/Keys/Vocals) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.

The first album you ever bought?
I don't remember completely, but I'm pretty sure it was a self-titled album by a small punk band called Value Pac.

Your last album bought?
I'll list 3, because I just got them all, and they're all fantastic.
“Reset to Default” - Hodera (NJ), “The Mitchells” - The Mitchells (OH), “Mother Earth Is Sick” - Those Hounds (MI).

Favorite album of all time?
Oh boy. This is tough. I think I'll go with “Either/Or” - Elliott Smith.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
Hmm.. I'll say most disappointing was either “Years (by One Thousand Fingertips)” by Attack In Black, or “Daisy” by Brand New.

First concert attended?
MxPx.

Last concert?
mewithoutYou w/ Hopalong.

Favorite concert ever?
Anathallo w/ Page France and Lone Wolf And Cub.

Least favorite concert?
Anberlin... I hate that band. Ha.


Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
We played at Howler's back in May last year and had a great time. The staff was super cool and we played with some cool bands and met some pretty awesome people. We were happy that everyone was still really nice to us even though we're from Detroit (GO WINGS!).

Thanks, Andy. I am very much digging your music, man. And thanks for the Attack in Black heads up. I love it when I discover new music (to me) through these Q&A's.

No comments: