Monday, August 13, 2012

First/Last-Pomegranates


"Pomegranates had humble beginnings in the heart of Cincinnati – where neighbors throw block parties that farm animals are also invited to – two friends, Jacob Merrittand Isaac Karns, began playing music. The two grew to four including Joey Cook and, most recently, Curt Kiser, and humble song-writing turned prolific. The next three years saw the release of three full-length albums,Everything Is Alive, Everybody Come Outside and One Of Us - with the band receiving critical acclaim from the likes of KEXP, WOXY, Spin and more. And 2012 has given us another: Heaven."

The band recently released "Heaven" and I want to thank Joey Cook (Vocals, Guitar, Keyboard) for taking a few minutes to participate in this edition of First/Last.


The first album you ever bought?
The first album I remember buying myself was probably “Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots”.

Your last album bought?
I just preordered the new Stagnant Pools record.

Favorite album of all time?
That's hard...maybe “All Things Must Pass”, Or “Scott 4”, or “Hounds of Love”.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
Maybe everything Tyler the Creator does.

First concert attended?
I think Winter Solstice was the first concert I saw?

Last concert?
I most recently saw of Montreal. Really great.

Favorite concert ever?
!!! was great live. Maserati was an excellent show. Yo La Tengo was incredible.

Least favorite concert?
I don't know what my least favorite concert would be.

Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
I'm reminded of Sudden Death with Jean Claude Van Damme. Great movie.


Thanks, Joey. It always fascinates me that for many people Pittsburgh will always be associated with Jean Claude Van Damme. Weird.

No comments: