Saturday, February 25, 2012

First/Last-Bree Tranter


Image courtesy Facebook

Last year I went 'ga-ga' over the ultimately final release from the Australian band, The Middle East. Since disbanding, the various members are slowly reemerging with other projects and in an ongoing attempt to bring these endeavors to you, I am beginning today with the sole female of collective, Bree Tranter. She put out a single entitled 'Winter' late last year and just this month dropped the video for it. If you like your folk delicate and spare as I do, you will be down for Bree's music. She was nice enough to take a few minutes to participate in this edition of First/Last.

The first album you ever bought?
Was probably this band called Skillet, a Christian rock band.

Your last album bought?
Gillian Welch - 'The Harrow and the Harvest'

Favorite album of all time?
Sun Kil Moon - 'Tiny Cities'

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
I guess I wouldn't really listen to an album enough to get disappointed in it. If I didn't like it from the start, I would just stop listening. So I can't remember when I did that last.

First concert attended?
I was in grade 7 so in North Queensland you are around 12 years old. And the band was 'All Star United', a really old Christian rock band.

Last concert?
Mount Mocha Kilimanjaro  - a band from Japan. I saw them play at 'Peats Ridge Festival' and loved them so much, bought a ticket to see their show at the Sydney Festival at Keystone, on the 8th of January.

Favorite concert ever?
It would be a toss-up between seeing Ratatat and My Morning Jacket which I saw at Sasquatch festival, in the US.

Least favorite concert?
Probably one I’ve played. At the moment I can't think of a concert I went too, where I got bored and walked away. But I remember my least favorite concert was on tour overseas in the US and we had just been on the road too long and were sick of each other way too much and missing home, family and partners. It was just the worst show, I think I cried while I was singing 'darkest side' (The Middle East)

Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
I was touring at the time, so I didn't really get to experience much of Pittsburgh. Just played a show and then left, but I remember it being a great show and lovely crowd. So that’s always a great thing.




Thank you Bree. Looking forward to more music soon and maybe if you don't get too homesick, another Pittsburgh visit.

No comments: