Thursday, December 16, 2010

First/Last-Richard Edwards

Margot & The Nuclear So & So's
Buzzard
Released September 21, 2010

I have been a fan of M&TNS&S since before the band released their first album. Throughout many personnel changes, the one constant has been songwriter Richard Edwards to carry on the 'Margot' moniker. Their latest release has more of a streamlined sound with guitar replacing the 'orchestration' vibe the band had going. Make no mistake, it's great stuff. Richard was kind enough to participate in the ongoing First/Last Advent spectacle of 2010.

The first album you ever bought?
I think it was a Beatles album, but I'm not sure. It was on CD.

Your last album bought?
An EP by a band called, "Girls" and the re-issue of "Like Flies on Sherbert" by Alex Chilton.

Favorite album of all time?
Right now, it's "Sister Lovers" by Big Star.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
I'm not sure. Maybe something by Green Day.

First concert attended?
DC Talk.

Last concert?
Weezer.

Favorite concert ever?
A bunch of local Indianapolis shows. Nationally, I actually have no idea.

Least favorite concert?
Any where I had to wait in line for beer or restroom.

Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
I really hate your football team, but I've enjoyed the city a great deal. My memory is so bad, I'm terrible at this.



Thanks a lot Richard. Steelers hate? Coming from a Colts fan? We call that jealousy around here!

No comments: