Wednesday, December 22, 2010

First/Last-Eric Pulido

Midlake
The Courage of Others
Released February 2, 2010

Midlake finally came to town on a cold April night this year. As always, Pittsburgh was on the second or third leg of a band's tour and thinking that, I was expecting a lackluster performance. Lucky for us, they recently released a killer of an album and the band was in excellent form. Of one of the seemingly few people who were there that night at Diesel, I can attest how awesome they were. Eric is the lead guitarist in the band. He was kind enough to participate in the First/Last 2010 countdown.

The first album you ever bought?
Boston: " Boston".

Your last album bought?
Harry Nilsson: "Pandemonium Shadow Show".

Favorite album of all time?
The Band: "The Band".

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
William Hung: "Hung For The Holidays" (I was certain I was gonna dig it).

First concert attended?
Carmen, a contemporary Christian singer (with my Grandma).

Last concert?
Matthew and The Arrogant Sea (at Rubber Gloves in Denton, TX).

Favorite concert ever?
Bjork at Radio City Music Hall Oct. 2001.

Least favorite concert?
Not sure, but it had to be Midlake ; ).

Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
Great city, I took a jog there before the show on our last trip and enjoyed seeing some sites. I also expressed my love for the Houston Astros to a guy wearing a Pittsburgh Pirates hat during the show...he didn't share the sentiment.


Thanks Eric. I can't tell you how much I loved your show here. On another note, I seriously hope that is the last time I see William Hung and The Band in the same breath. I should really stop these questionnaires.

No comments: