Monday, August 30, 2010

First/Last-Liam Cooney

Horse or Cycle
Smiling Moose
Wednesday September 1, 2010
Southside

The band is playing a gig this week with Noah's Ark Was A Spaceship from Nebraska and locals Thee Shopkeepers. Liam was cool enough to participate in this, the first day of a week long edition of the ever popular First/Last.


The first album you ever bought?
Siamese Dream by Smashing Pumpkins or was it If I Should Fall From Grace With God by The Pogues?
Your last album bought?
Superwolf by Matt Sweeny and Bonnie Prince Billy.
Favorite album of all time?
Nighthawks at the Diner by Tom Waits, or Truth by Jeff Beck. Two of the only things I ever want to listen to after they have finished.
Least favorite/most disappointing album?
Anything that was played in the dorm rooms of Hobart College circa 2000-2004.
First concert attended?
Mighty Mighty Bosstones/Pietasters.
Last concert?
Last real concert, as in paid more then 10 buck to get in? Hmm… to be honest I cant remember. In my defense I have a 2 year old.
Favorite concert ever?
Tom Petty when I was maybe 15 or 16. My dad took the whole family, and during the outro of "Dont Come ‘Round Here No More" with the strobes and the Mad Hatter antics I looked over at my sister who was maybe 7 and standing on her chair screaming at me "THIS IS THE COOLEST THING EVER!"

Least favorite concert?
Yo La Tengo at Town Hall in NYC. They played for 35 min and then had to catch a flight. I puked on the Metro North ride home. Not a successful evening.


Thanks, Liam. That's a drag about the YLT show. They were great at Hartwood. I have to say though, any show that involves vomit qualifies to be on the bottom of the list.

No comments: