Friday, August 20, 2010

First/Last-Matt Booth

Friday August 20, 2010
Larryville
So the band is releasing it's terrific new album tonight. When you pick up the CD, check out the photos used in the inner collage. Done by none other than yours truly! Thanks, fellas. De facto publicist/bassist Matt Booth was cool enough to take a few minutes to participate in this week's edition of First/Last Fridays.

-->
The first album you ever bought?
I know that around 3rd grade I was super into “Nevermind” (Nirvana), “Dookie” (Green Day), and “Smash” (Offspring), don’t really know what I bought first.
Your last album bought?
I just picked up “Live at the Fillmore 1969” by the Byrds, but haven’t listened to it yet. I know all of us in CDNS have been digging heavily into country-era Byrds; Clarence White’s electric guitar playing is knocking our collective socks off.
Favorite album of all time?
Way to hard to pick just one, but here’s a rough list of the albums that have had the most profound impact on my life: “The Band” by the Band, “Live at Leeds” by the Who, “Fun House” by the Stooges, “Radio City” by Big Star, “On the Corner” by Miles Davis, “Double Nickels on the Dime” by the Minutemen.
Least favorite/most disappointing album?
Nothing really sticks out as being very significant, but I recently heard and had a poor reaction to “Rising Down” by the Roots.
First concert attended?
I know my dad took me to see Dizzy Gillespie when I was 4-ish, but the first one I really remember seeing was REM in ’97.
Last concert?
I guess the last concert I saw was Yo La Tengo at Hartwood Acres earlier this month.
Favorite concert ever?
Again, hard to nail down just one, but here are some shows that really stick out- Wilco at 9:30 Club, Tortoise at the Black Cat, Bill Frisell at Lisner Auditorium, Drive By Truckers at Mr Smalls, Nickel Creek at a bluegrass festival.
Least favorite concert?
I can’t think of anything that left me really offended, but Spoon played at CMU 3 or 4 years, and I got pretty bored after 3 songs.
Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
I’ve met plenty of wonderful people and done plenty of wonderful while living here over the past 5 years. As for being in a band, there are some really cool places to play, and plenty of great bands, songwriters, and musicians to commingle with.


Thanks Matt. It amazes me how many musicians reference Nevermind. Also, I absolutely love Clarence White's playing. Talk about underrated.

No comments: