Thursday, December 24, 2009

List-Shows!!! Favorite Shows of 2009 Pt.2


Again, in no particular order:

Jenny Lewis
Sunday July 9
Mr. Smalls
I really like both of Jenny's solo releases. She was fun, energetic and sounded great live. An added bonus was that my photo pass wasn't regulated to just the first three songs as is the usual. I was able to snap all night.

Bill Callahan
Tuesday April 14
Paul's CDs
I always scratch my head that there are no in store performances in the city. I love these intimate little sets. He was as laid back as his music.

Jason Lytle
Friday July 31
Riverplex Amphitheater
Perfect music for the atmosphere. Blew Neko away.

Conor Oberst & The Mystic Valley Band
Sunday July 12
Mr. Smalls
First time for Conor to play here since Monsters Of Folk in 2004. Didn't disappoint. My only complaint was that they skipped my favorite song off the album, "Difference Is Time', which was on the set list. Boo.

Donora/Meeting Of Important People
Tuesday June 9
Point State Park
Donora and MOIP play on the big stage! Taking the family down for a free show is always fun.

Bobby Bare Jr./The Bottle Rockets/Ha Ha Tonka
Saturday July 4
The Smiling Moose
Too bad I missed Deadstring Brothers, Scotland Yard Gospel Choir, and Dex Romweber Duo because of those pesky fireworks.

The Pains Of Being Pure At Heart
Tuesday February 10
Garfield Artworks
Is this band worth all the buzz? In concert they sure are.

Wanda Jackson
Friday July 17
Howler's Coyote Cafe
A musical legend...in a bar? She surprised me that she totally brought it besides the fact that she is 72 years old!

No comments: