Tuesday, January 5, 2016

First/Last - The Harvest Colour


The Harvest Colour is a new acoustic progressive rock band from Pittsburgh who's debut album Chrysalis is available at the exact moment this post goes live! Their video of "Spring To Come" was released two days ago and already has 5+K views! Can you say 'band to watch?' I want to thank Gabe Mangold (Guitar/Vocals) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.



The first album you ever bought?
Can't remember exactly but it was either Metallica's Kill 'Em All or Mastodon's Remission.

Your last album bought?
Tesseract Polaris. One of my favorites of 2015.

Favorite album of all time?
Metallica's Master of Puppets. Changed my life.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
Don't really have one at the moment!

First concert attended?
My dad took me to see KISS when I was 5.

Last concert?
The Black Dahlia Murder.

Favorite concert ever?
Over the summer I saw Animals as Leaders with Between the Buried and Me and The Contortionist. I could go to that show every weekend.

Least favorite concert?
I enjoy all live music!


Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
How livable this city is, while I don't want to live here forever it's a place I'll always come back to. There's such a wide array of musical talent in town too, I hope that one day Pgh will have as thriving a music scene as the bigger music cities.

Thanks, Gabe. Love discovering your stuff, man. And as for Pittsburgh one day having a thriving music scene as bigger cities? I honestly believe that day is here.

No comments: