Thursday, July 30, 2015

First/Last-S.L.I.P.


S.L.I.P. is the moniker for Pittsburgh-based DIY musician David Rosenstraus' hard core punk project. Little is known of the band except they have a release from last year called "Songs of Peace and Love" and may be churning out new music in the future. I want to thank David for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.


The first album you ever bought?
I bought a Soundgarden “Superunknown” CD when I was 12.

Your last album bought?
Not sure, I don't collect records these days. The last car part I bought was a turbo for an 02 Golf TDI.

Favorite album of all time?
COC “Animosity”, though I think “Ready to Die” is a close contender.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
Any band's sophomore effort.

First concert attended?
I saw the Beach Boys when I was 11.

Last concert?
Ultimate Warriors record release show.

Least favorite concert?
Most things that are coming to mind are shows that are show bad by standard metrics but are actually awesome. I think shows with bad vibes are the worst. Attendance, temperature, the annoying drunk guy; all go by the wayside if the show has good vibes.


Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
Pittsburgh is like that TV show where the family is driving and the ground cracks open and they are transported back in time and live with Dinosaurs. There's smoking in bars, wood paneling, regional accent, nature taking over 30 years of decay. I've lived here for eight years and have had so many ridiculous experiences not just related to the music scene. Some of those experiences are reflected in SLIP lyrics. I think that TV show was called "The Family That Couldn't Not Go Back In Time".

Thanks, Dave. Blog first! Naming an automotive part instead of an album. Was bound to happen.

No comments: