Wednesday, November 20, 2013

First/Last-The Tins


"Buffalo, NY’s The Tins are a three piece that craft “tight, masterfully layered jams that build and fold into honest, captivating tracks.”(The Recommender) Keyboard player and vocalist Mike Santillo, drummer Dave Muntner, and guitarist and vocalist Adam Putzer met in an underground practice space at Binghamton University in New York."

Check the band out at their official Website, Facebook, Twitter, SoundCloud, YouTube, MySpace and BandCamp. The band's latest effort is their debut full length, "Life's a Gas" which they will draw heavily from as they return to Pittsburgh this Friday at Howler's Coyote Cafe. Along with Aircraft (from Buffalo) and locals The Mee Toos, the trio are supporting friends of the blog Coronado as they celebrate their 2-year anniversary as a band. My thanks to them as they take the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.

The first album you ever bought?
Adam Putzer: “Rubber Soul” by The Beatles. And it still might be my favorite album I've bought.

Your last album bought?
Mike Santillo: Kurt Vile and The Violators "It's a Big World Out There (and I Am Scared)".

Favorite album of all time?
Dave Muntner: Can't say I have a favorite, but George Harrison's "All Things Must Past" is up there on my list.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
Adam: I can't think of an all-time disappointment, but one that was a recent failure to me was MGMT's latest. I am a big fan of theirs, and I was anticipating the new album quite a bit. But
it was just formless, failed experiments, at least to me.

First concert attended?
Mike: I saw The Beach Boys play after a Triple A baseball game when I was ten. My sister and I used to listen to "Endless Summer," on repeat and so we came well prepared with dance moves. When they played ‘Surfin' Safari,’ I remember climbing up on and balancing sideways on the armrests of the stadium seats.

Last concert?
Dave: Beach House.

Favorite concert ever?
Adam: Either the first time I got to see Paul McCartney, which was amazing, or my first concert, a 3 1/2 hour marathon length Elvis Costello show. He played something like 7 encores. And at one point the power went out and he played an acoustic version of ‘The Angels Wanna Wear My Red Shoes’ while the audience was completely silent. It was pretty special.

Least favorite concert?
Mike: Warped Tour a long time ago. There were no bands in particular that put on a horrific show, but I was only interested in catching one performance and didn't care for much else that was going on. It ended up being a long, exhausting experience.


Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
Dave: I am impressed with how clean the little city is!  Also, there is a diner called Pamela's that has life changing pancakes!

Thanks, fellas. Pamela's is one place I have yet to visit. I love my pancakes...

No comments: