Monday, April 25, 2011

Image of the Day-"Calamity Song"

The Decemberists
The Benedum Center
Thursday, April 21, 2011
Downtown

This is a band that you either really love or really hate. Strike that, I don't hate them, it's just that I have tried several times to get into them and they always leave me a tad lukewarm. I am not trying to slag them, it's just that you can't like every band in the indie rock world, can you? Apparently around 2826 people do love as them this show was sold out and that is the official seating capacity in the place. And what a place it is. The Benedum may be the nicest venue in town. Ornate, spacious and built for acoustics, I can't recall the last time I was there? Was it those Three Stooges festivals I went to while in high school when it was The Stanley? That was too long ago. There should definitely be more concerts booked there. Got to give the band props in that they played the Quiet Storm during their early years! Talk about coming a long way, baby. More photos here and here.


No comments: