Tuesday, June 1, 2010

First/Last-Tobacco

Tobacco
Maniac Meat

The ever so elusive Black Moth Super Rainbow front man released his second solo LP a week ago today. Do yourself a favor and pick it up. I think it's way cool that he calls Pittsburgh home. Being a wonderful friend to this blog over the years, he was kind enough to participate in this latest edition of First/Last.




The first album you ever bought?
Pearl Jam, “Ten”.

Your last album bought?
The Revelators, “Let a Poor Boy Ride”.

Favorite album of all time?
These days it's Beck, “Mellow Gold”.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
I used to love Reverend Horton Heat in high school until “Space Heater” came out. It was the first time I remember caring enough to be disappointed with music.

First concert attended?
Butthole Surfers at IC Light Amphitheater in '96.

Last concert?
Shearwater at Lincoln Hall in Chicago earlier this year.

Favorite concert ever?
Probably that Butthole Surfers show.

Least favorite concert?
Black Moth Super Rainbow at McCarren Pool in 2008.

Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
I love driving around at night finding weird hidden shit to do. I think Pittsburgh and its outlying areas have the most weird, hidden shit to do per capita.

Thanks, buddy. It's interesting that your first show is also your favorite. My first show was Kenny Loggins. I have to say I have seen much better since!
 

No comments: