Friday, November 20, 2009

Image Of The Day-"After Hours"

The Harlan Twins
Sunday November 8, 2009
Carnegie Library Main Branch
Oakland

I think The Harlan Twins are awesome. They, to me, are THE definition of a yinzer band. Believe me, that's a great thing. They wear their Pittsburgh pride on their collective sleeve with no remorse at all. I have only seen them play three times but since I am constantly listening to their debut record, I feel I have seen them dozens more. In fact, I am hoping I catch their set tonight supporting Lohio's EP release at the Brillobox. This was an uber cool acoustic set that let the band's true musicianship and heartfelt vibe shine through. Even a busted bridge on Jules bass couldn't stop them. Way to go! I have an electric set review from their homebase of Howler's coming soon.

No comments: