Monday, July 9, 2018

First/Last - ATL&S


"ATL&S was founded on August 29th 2014 by members Al Snyder & Michael Lewandowski. The death of Michael's mom sparked an interesting song recording duo that flourished into the sound that we have today. Prior to Beverly Lewandowski passing away, Michael spent many days in the studio with Al recording his own songs and attempting to make it on his own. Upon her death, Michael asked Al to sing the song 'Goodbye for Now' and at that moment realized something amazing was created. From there they continued to record song after song and believed in what they were creating. It was so different and unique than anything produced prior. Since then, the band has consistently been focused on recording new albums and attempting newer sounds."

The Deutschtown Music Festival starts this week! Every day on the blog I am featuring a band from Pittsburgh who I discovered through the submission process and are performing this weekend.

ATL&S is a genre bending band from Pittsburgh who's debut self-titled album from last year has just spawned the band's first music video for the track "As Beautiful As You." I will bet my mortgage that you will hear the song live as the band play the 6th Annual Deutschtown Music Festival this upcoming Saturday (7/14) at 11pm at the Pittsburgh Winery Pop Up Stage at the former James Street Tavern Ballroom Upstairs. I want to thank Michael Lewandowski (Guitar/Vocals) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.




The first album you ever bought?
This is probably going to blow your mind, however I never purchased an album until I was 25 years old. I started playing the guitar at 19 and had no real interest in music until then. After I started jamming, I became a huge Led Zeppelin fan which sparked my true love for music. As for the question, I purchased my friend Brian Foye's album who sings on one of our original songs. He is a singer / songwriter out of Boston and has created many original tunes - the album title is Rough Drafts.

Your last album bought?
To go directly along with my first answer, that was the first and last!

Favorite album of all time?
I am a huge Led Zeppelin, Beatles, Guns & Roses, and Tom Petty fan. I would say (if this isn't cheating) that my favorite all time album would be Tom Petty's Greatest Hits. I've listened to that album easily 500 times throughout my life. It never gets old, the music is timeless.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
I will definitely not be able to answer this, if I don't like the first song I will immediately turn it off. Honestly, I listen to the same artists / songs pretty much daily. I like to listen to music that moves me emotionally, grows me personally, and makes my life better. The music I relate to most is the older generations. I think they spent more time on the art side than the money side. I don't listen to music that doesn't improve me personally.

First concert attended?
Bon Jovi a long, long time ago. It was the first time I've ever smoked anything too - and yes it was only a cigar. However it was a fun experience. I went with my brother D, friend Dan, and a few other friends. It was my first time at the Pavilion, the weather was flawless, people were happy, it was a great scene.

Last concert?
Honestly I can't remember. I think the last was a girl who dances around and plays a violin. The past few years I've been working a full time job, started a lighting company called Pittsburgh SociaLights, got my MBA at Pitt, recorded two albums / a bunch of music (and other) videos, and planned a wedding and got married a month ago. I didn't really have time to go out and explore other artists. Hoping that changes soon!

Favorite concert ever?
Tom Petty a few years back. Once again the perfect day out at the Pavilion, we had a bus take 30 of us and had an absolute blast. Definitely a concert to remember forever.

Least favorite concert?
My friend brought me to some rap concert at Rex Theater. I can't even describe to you what I witnessed. It was the worst 45 minutes of my life - every song was terrible. Some guy that talks about tip toeing in his Jordan’s? Anyways, won't be seeing that again.

Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
I was born and raised in Pittsburgh. I've spent time traveling the world, and there is nothing like it. It's home to me. For me, life really comes down to friends and family and they are all right here.



Thanks, Michael. Seriously? 25 years old? The first time you bought an album? AND that was the last time you bought one? Yes... MIND - BLOWN!

No comments: