Monday, September 25, 2017

First/Last - Lawn Care


"For a while there, it was just Cameron writing songs, mostly about travelling, trying not to be a shithead, and the looming inevitability of death--you know, the things you worry about in your twenties. He released a couple of lo-fi solo EPs, a split with Boston's The Michael Character, and shouted in a lot of basements throughout the midwest and northeast.
Towards the end of 2015, Lawn Care went full-band to record the high-energy, three-song EP "Out of Sorts." The new lineup, featuring Harrison Thurman on bass and John Paul Zigterman on drums, honed their live sound, playing shows with Chris Farren, Emperor X, Mal Blum, Sinai Vessel, and Koji."

Lawn Care is a Pittsburgh based mathy pop punkish emo kinda of quintet who dropped their debut full length entitled Replacement Therapy a few months ago. From what I hear, the band is already working up new tunes for their follow-up. I want to thank songwriter Cameron LeViere (Guitar/Vocals) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.


The first album you ever bought?
The first album that I ever bought with my own money was Europop by Eiffel 65. Disappointing, I know. The "cool" answer would be Dookie by Green Day, but truth be told, it wasn't until a few years later that my dad would give me that one.


Your last album bought?
I got a Diana Ross & The Supremes anthology and a live Miriam Makeba record. More recently, I received Magnolia Electric Co. by Songs: Ohia as a gift.


Favorite album of all time?
The Monitor by Titus Andronicus.


Least favorite/most disappointing album?
I don't know what happened to Joyce Manor, but BOY HOWDY I just can't stomach their new stuff.


First concert attended?
Ehhhh, I think Streetlight Manifesto. I don't think I've seen a band with more stage presence since.


Last concert?
Not counting ones that I've played, the Ratboys show in Oakland.


Favorite concert ever?
Probably one of the ones I booked on the roof of Spider House. We did an 8-band show last year and called it "Fuck It, It's a Fest." A lot of our good friends from Ohio and Massachusetts came.


Least favorite concert?
Aw I dunno, I saw Foghat and they played "Slow Ride" for like 45 minutes, but even that was kinda sweet it its own way.


Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
I don't know where to start, really. Our next album is going to be all about Pittsburgh; suffice it to say that I never thought I'd feel truly at home in a place until I lived in Pittsburgh.

Thanks, Cameron. Yeah, I really don't see anything that wrong with a 45-minute "Slow Ride" jam. Something to see at least once in one's life.

No comments: