Thursday, December 11, 2014

First/Last-The Commonheart


"Formed to invoke emotion through tone and energy, The Commonheart is a band configured of up and coming artists from the Pittsburgh area."

Clinton Clegg is a singer-songwriter from Pittsburgh who's new project a musical collective entitled The Commonheart. As we await new music from Clinton & Co., you can get a taste of what he's brewing this Saturday at the HughShows Live @ Eide's Finale around Noon as Clinton takes to the 3rd Floor Stage. I want to thank him for playing and for participating in this edition of First/Last.



The first album you ever bought?
My sister bought me my first two albums at the same time and they were “The Chronic” by Dr. Dre and “Dookie” by Green Day. But, the first album I ever purchased was “Guerillas in the Mist” by De Lench Mob (still listen to all three).


Your last album bought?
Well Spotify has ruined me for buying albums, but the last album I bought was the ‘Feed Me’ single by local favorites Wreck Loose.


Favorite album of all time?
Notorious B.I.G. “Ready to Die”.


Least favorite/most disappointing album?
Snoop Lion “Reincarnated”.


First concert attended?
Live.


Last concert?
John Boutte.


Favorite concert ever?
Al Green opened for B.B. King at Music Fest in Bethlehem, PA… yeah.


Least favorite concert?
O.A.R.

Favorite thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
Since moving into the city limits after college with my wife, I have embraced city living more than I thought I would. I love the way the music scene is growing right in front of my eyes it seems like. But, to answer your question… my favorite experience hands down is being at the Pirates Wild Card game in 2013. Magical stuff.

Thanks, Clinton. This is going to be a great day for Pittsburgh music and i am thrilled you will be a part of it!

No comments: