Friday, September 6, 2013

First/Last-Half Undressed


"Half Undressed’s soft, breathy shoegaze blows outta Gainesvegas. The two use simple guitar strums and fuzzed-out vocals to make hazy, easy-to-swallow harmonies." - Beca Grimm (Paste)

Check out the band at their official Website, Facebook, BandCamp, Tumblr, Instagram, SoundCloud and Twitter. As part of my coverage of the Paste 50 States Project, I go to Florida with Half Undressed. We won't stay there too long as the band has relocated to NYC to prepare the release of their latest album. My thanks to Samuel Acevido (Drums/Vocals) and Kyle Dubois (Guitar) for taking the time to participate in this edition of First/Last.

The first album you ever bought?
Samuel Acevido: “Evil Empire” Rage Against The Machine… Viva Mexico!!!
Kyle Dubois: “Joc Jamz Vol.1” and “Mariah Carey Christmas”. I’m really into skating rink music. To this day I could listen to Christmas music all year round.

Your last album bought?
Samuel: ‘The Color Purple Movie Soundtrack’. I love Whoopi. She's my Oprah.
Kyle: Jaill  “Cranes”. There's was only 250 of these cassettes. Get one from Burger Records while they last.

Favorite album of all time?
Samuel: Morbid Angel “Gateway to Annihilation”.
Kyle: Haven't heard it yet. But I’m probably going to end up writing it.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
Samuel: Haters must stay quite.
Kyle: Never really been let down like that.

First concert attended?
Samuel: Throe in 1999 (Orlando nu-metal bro's).
Kyle: Neil Young and Crazy Horse.

Last concert?
Samuel: Permanent Makeup (Tampa, FL).
Kyle: La URSS from Spain. A+ 80’s Spanish hardcore.

Favorite concert ever?
Samuel: Bill Cosby. He had me laughing till my sides hurt.
Kyle: The Night Marchers.

Least favorite concert?
Samuel: Throe in 1999 (Orlando Nu-Metal ho's).
Kyle: Portugal of a Man. What a bummer.


Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
Samuel: Let's go Pirates...
Kyle: Nah.

Thanks, fellas. Awesome pick with the Cosby concert, Sam. I am surprised not more people choose a comedy gig as their favorite.

No comments: