Monday, September 3, 2012

First/Last-Dominique Pruitt

Photo courtesy of Ronald Ray Pruitt

I constantly get requests from indie musicians to feature them on the blog for a bit of exposure. Occasionally, one of them really piques my interest for some reason or another. Case in point, Dominique Pruitt. She's an California based songwriter who has a '50's retro vibe going and her latest single, 'To Win Your Love',  is a little taste of what her upcoming debut will be like, which she hopes to release early next year. She has also just dropped the video for the song, which is a tad hokey but I'm pretty sure that's the point. My thanks to her for taking a few to participate in this edition of First/Last.


The first album you ever bought?
R.E.M.'s "Out Of Time" on cassette. I was 6! 

Your last album bought?
I bought Tennis' "Young & Old" LP on vinyl. It's so good! 

Favorite album of all time? 
 Ahhh. I'll pick one of my several favorites, at random: Sam Cooke's "Greatest Hits".

Least favorite/most disappointing album? 
 Hmmm, I really can't say. I think if I dislike albums, I shut them out of my mind forever.

First concert attended?
Stone Temple Pilots in 1996! 

 Last concert?
Tennis at the El Rey in LA. 

Favorite concert ever?
Wanda Jackson at the Key Club in 2007. She brought the house down and we all danced like crazy. 

Least favorite concert?
I hate to say it, because I love him and The Smiths but probably in 2005 or 2006 I saw Morrissey play and it was just SO bad. He played all of his worst solo stuff, and none of The Smiths' songs. None of even his good songs. We ended up leaving early. I still love Morrissey, and would see him again because I think it was a weird off night.

Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
I have yet to experience Pittsburgh! The closest I've been was to the Poconos, which are beautiful. I remember driving somewhere through Pennsylvania, and I had to do a breathalyzer test to buy a bottle of wine from a wine vending machine. I laughed and filmed it because it was so strange to me!


Thanks, Dominique. Totally looking forward to hearing more from you soon!

No comments: