Thursday, March 29, 2012

Image of the Day-"The Beer"

 Thursday, March 22, 2012
Northshore

Shooting for WYEP introduces me to many artists I would have never gone to on my own. This show was sold out and I was kind of taken back at the number of kids, little kids, mainly girls who were at or a little older than my daughter's age. Kind of strange in that both Kimya's and opener YHB's songs had very adult themes and language and not considering myself a prude at all, it totally turned me off. Maybe I could appreciate the music on it's own merit, but frankly, I didn't even get that aspect of it as she 'strummed' a guitar and squeaked her way through her tunes. Lo-fi? How 'bout 'no-fi'. Here's a taste of what I mean. O.K., I really hated this show. Whatever, different strokes.


No comments: