Monday, October 10, 2011

Image of the Day-"Neighborhood Roofs (Acoustic)"

House Show
Saturday, October 8, 2011
Crafton

 The much touted VIA Fest was this weekend but I took an alternative path and caught up with a few local favorite bands that I hadn't seen in awhile. This particular show was a house gig won by a couple who live in Crafton, mere minutes from my childhood home where my mother was babysitting the kids while my wife made a rare appearance out. I was debating on whether to even go this night for several reasons. I just saw the band the night before, I didn't know the hosts and we weren't able to stay out too late anyway. I am so glad I decided to go because the band played even better than the night before, the hosts were super nice and welcoming and the music wrapped up around the time we had to leave. Add the fact that they opened with a special acoustic version of my all time favorite song from them, this easily turned out to be my favorite show of this year so far!

1 comment:

Jon said...

Hugh, thanks for coming out. We had a great time and the band was awesome! - Jon