Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Image Of The Day-"Got Such A Supple Wrist"

World Pinball Championship
Professional/Amateur Pinball Association Headquarters
Thursday August 12-Sunday August 15, 2010
Carnegie

So did you realize that the World Championship of pinball is held in an old warehouse every year in Carnegie? Yeah, I didn't either until I stumbled upon this event through a few different sources. I certainly had no idea what to expect but quickly found out this was serious business for the contestants. You can get all kinds of info in the above links but just being there as a spectator, I have to say it was a blast. The annual event is open to the public and I didn't realize in playing a few games how my childhood memories of spending countless hours (and quarters) in the neighborhood arcade came flooding back. I totally recommend visiting next year because remarkably the place is only open during the four days of the tournament.


1 comment:

Bensreviews said...

Sweet. Was thinking of going to this and forgot about it. I may have to turn over my misterpittsburgh.com domain to you Hugh if you keep this up.