Saturday, May 1, 2010

First/Last-Jacob Jones

Jacob Jones
Decade
Thursday May 20, 2010
Southside

Jacob is a country/folk singer from Nashville who will be playing an in-store set at Decade boutique in the Southside. He was cool enough to participate in this latest edition of First/Last.


The first album you ever bought?
I would like to say something like "Born to Run:" or "Blonde on Blonde", but in actuality it was MC Hammer "Hammer Don't Hurt 'em".

Your last album bought?
Merle Travis "In Boston 1959".

Favorite album of all time?
As far as whole albums go, "Darkness On The Edge Of Town" Bruce Springsteen.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
All hip hop AFTER "The Chronic" came out. All pop country AFTER Garth Brooks came out.

First concert attended?
John Cougar Mellancamp, I was 8.

Last concert?
I caught some shows at SXSW, mainly Joe Pug. The last "real" concert I saw that I wasn’t a part of was Justin Townes Earle in Nashville.

Favorite concert ever?
Bruce Springsteen live in Atlanta, 2003.

Least favorite concert?
Any festivals like Bonnaroo and Coachella are usually terrible experiences.

Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
Yes, I really like East Carson street. My friend Steve Ford owns a clothing store there called Decade. Also, Permanti Brothers might have the best drunk sandwich of all time.




Thanks Jacob. And do me a favor, please hammer, don't hurt them! Nice!



No comments: