Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Image Of The Day-"Rococo Zephyr"

Bill Callahan
Tuesday April 14, 2009
Paul's CD's
Bloomfield

This set was to promote 2nd Annual National Record Store Day on April 18. I liked the performance, although I have to admit I (uncharacteristically for me) enjoy the CD better. Maybe it had to do with the fact that there was VERY little room to move in the store (and I was facing his back the entire time!). It also didn't help that during the third song some girl fainted and her man FREAKED OUT! Yeah, it's a scary thing when someone you care for is in peril but I thought someone was getting murdered! I felt really bad for the guy. After a few minutes she came to and the set hesitantly went ahead. Also, no SMOG tunes even though someone requested one.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

awesome. i totally forgot about this. thanks for posting these. it looks very cool and i will never forgive myself for missing it :(

Hughshows said...

He was good. I am REALLY digging this album though. Don't fret too much...he's coming to the Thunderbird in June!!