Sunday, June 12, 2011

First/Last-Joseph Stocker of Son of the Sun

Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Southside

This band from Buffalo are playing the Moose this week previewing material from their July 26th EP release, Almost Not There. Guitarist/Keyboardist Joseph Stocker was cool enough to participate in this edition of First/Last.

The first album you ever bought?
When I was 9 years old the first Album I ever sought out ( I actually stole it from my dads car stereo) was The Black Crowes "Shake Your Money Maker" but as far as walking in to a record store with my own money...when I was about 12 I bought Snoop Dogg "Doggy Style" on cassette tape.

Your last album bought?
Roxy Music "Country Life"...their whole catalog has been in heavy rotation for me lately.

Favorite album of all time?
Bob Dylan "Highway 61 ", "The Velvet Underground & Nico", King Krimson "In The Court of The Crimson King...I could keep going. I could never pick just one.

Least favorite/most disappointing album?
Spinal Tap " Shark Sandwich".

First concert attended?
I saw Bush w/ Veruca Salt in 1996!

Last concert?
The Kills about a month ago...AMAZING SHOW!

Favorite concert ever?
King Khan and The Shrines,  Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Flaming Lips...All for different reasons.

Least favorite concert?
Can’t really think of one...I’ve tried to keep all the positives in my memory bank.

Any thoughts, experiences about Pittsburgh?
I’ve always had a great time partying in Pittsburgh. Great food and bars as well....It’s very similar to Buffalo in a lot of ways. Were excited to come down and play in the city proper.


Thanks Joseph. I haven't been to Buffalo in ages. Have to get back there to check out the Albright-Knox.

No comments: